2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup brown sugar (unpacked)
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal & 1/4 cup water)
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup gluten free flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup almond flour
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt coconut oil and olive oil in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Remover from heat and add brown sugar.
- Make flax egg, beat flax meal and water together.
- Whisk together flax egg and milk then add to saucepan.
- Mix in dry ingredients except slivered almonds.
- Grease and flour tin (20cm-20cm) or line with greaseproof paper.
- Pour mixture into tin.
- Top with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes depending on how moist you want them.
- Tip out of tin onto wire rack.
- Eat hot or cold.