This is the second post in a series of writing prompts for anyone to use. They are mostly aimed at fiction writers. They are just different ways to get a story started. Here is my second set there should be more to follow.
- What is the weirdest super power you can come up with now give it to your main character.
- Write a story with a really good excuse for being late.
- Write a story from the bad guys perspective but don’t reveal until the last minute what you’ve done.
- Take a random page from the newspaper and pick out 10-20 words, now make a story with them.
- Write a story about flight.
- What is something you recently tried for the first time, write about it.
- Your main character is stuck in a cave alone for 24 hours or more, what do they do?
- Write a story about running.
- If your subconscious was an animal or creature what would it be, write about it or make up one for your character/s.
- Write about a character who has something different about them that makes them feel like they can’t fit in to begin with.
- You’re character suddenly can’t speak the same language as everyone around them, what happened and what do they do?
- Write about someone observing another person watching something.
- Write about someone who is the opposite to you in as many ways as possible, make it as ridiculous as you want.
- Start by describing the stars.