I am going to start a series of writing prompts for anyone to use. They are mostly aimed at fiction writers. They are just different ways to get a story started. Here is my first set there should be more to follow.
- Write the first line of five stories (all different genres) and each first line must start with the same three words.
- Do you prefer hot or cold weather? Write about a character who prefers the opposite.
- Write 10 or so lines of dialogue between two lovers fighting with no description then reverse the order of the lines.
- Write a storying where the world is flat and how that might be possible.
- Write about a day where a character does seemingly everyday things but it turns out they have an alterior purpose.
- Where was the location of your last holiday use that as the setting for your story.
- What is a career you really don’t want, write about someone in that career.
- Look outside, start a story with a description of the first thing you noticed.